View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2004, 11:34 AM   #73
KJ
Strike Leader

Would You Like Galactica Animated?

Only if there was a continuation up and running and several spin off stories were told in between the animated version of short tales and the live action version. Same way The Animatrix worked for the Matrix Reloaded, Chronicles Of Riddick had 'Dark Fury' The Clone Wars cartoon series, telling stories of the legendary Clone Wars inbetween Episodes 2 and 3. And Van Helsing's prequel told in animation.

A direct sequel from the 1978 show in animation i can't fathom would work, i'd see it as folly unless it ran along side a live action production that was hyped up like a blockbuster movie. And what stylised version of animation are we talking about? Has anyone thought of a good American or Japanese animation studio house that would develop several episodes or one, one off special. Re-introducing Battlestar Galactica?

Don't get me wrong, i'm a huge animation fan. In a animated world only thing holding anything back is the imagination of the creators. Skies the limit as they say. A well thought out prequel or sequel to the original series or even stories set inbetween the original show fleshing out several unfinished plot elements like for example; A prequel showing events during the holocaust. Dr Ravishol and his clones, stories involving Colonel Croft in the fleet, continuing the story of Pappas and his mother from The Lost Warrior, Stories showing The Battlestar Pegasus and Commander Cain covering events after Living Legend of what happened? or the Planet Terra trilogy with Commandant Leiter and the escaped Borellians, it would be great to see all this in a animated continuation as such.

But i wouldn't stand for a poorly animated series nor a rushed one to boot. If it were a set of specials like 6 short movies, maybe. but i'd like the live action movie/series continuation to back it up first.

Perhaps a set of live action shorts is needed also. Done with the passion fans of Galactica would do them with but, supported with a major budget and starring actors. Better yet if your doing animation still, hire major hollywood talent to do your voice overs not your average voice over artists.

Although, people like Mark Hamill, Hank Azaria, Phil LaMarr and other notable actors/ voice over artists would greatly benefit a animation production of any kind.

Great thread people, keep the ideas and banter up!

KJ