View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2005, 08:48 AM   #85
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

For a number of years we've been trying to figure out the various mysteries of who were the actors who provided voices for certain characters. Since determining that Murray Matheson provided the voice of Spektor in "The Young Lords" the only remaining mystery has been who did the voice of the lead SOL being in both this episode and "Experiment In Terra."

I think the mystery has finally been solved. While recently watching for the first time "Buck Rogers" on DVD, I could have sworn the voice of "Dr. Theophilus" was the same voice as that of the lead SOL being. Doing an imdb search I discover that Dr. Theophilius was voiced by an actor named Eric Server, who by a remarkable coincidence appears in Galactica on camera as "Dipper" in "The Magnificent Warrirors" (as Barry Nelson's lead henchman).
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote