View Single Post
Old December 27th, 2003, 11:07 AM   #11
Antelope

Default Commander Cain

I am going to second the thought that Sean Connery or Mel Gibson would make a great Commander Cain. I don't think either would do it however unless they were Battlestar fans already. Both would be very expensive and both may be "too good" for television.

For Sean Connery I think his performances in The Longest Day and A Bridge Too Far would be perfectly capped by a performance as Commander Cain.

Mel Gibson may be a bit too young for the role but his performance was great in Braveheart, The Patriot, and We Were Soldiers. All these roles show he is ready and would make a great Commander Cain.

I will say this for the purist: Noone will ever make a better Commander Cain than Lloyd Bridges. After watching the original Pegasus episodes I wished Lloyd Bridges had gotten the role of Patton instead of Gearge C. Scott.

Since Moore is a fan of naval history I could see a Pegasus movie that is a remake of the movie "Midway". If they wrote the script as a crushing defeat to the cylons why not listen to Cain and take back the colonies instead of heading to Earth?