SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

Quote:
Originally posted by BSG_Sci_FiPulse
If you have no objection (...)
For you, Ian: Absolutely none.

Quote:
All the best to your efforts and I hope that your enthusiasm for Galactica shoots back into the stratosphere.
Time will tell. With another child on the way, due early 2004, the enthusiasm and energies will be ever present, although tempered by time spent on the family, my health, etc.

Tom Wolfe was correct when he wrote: "You can never go home again." It isn't the same feeling (in relaunching Pegasus) as anything I experienced before. The magic is subdued; an era has passed; a new one is dawning, courtesy of the SCI-FI Channel. I would rather be celebrating a BG series which continues the 1978-79 story, characters, actors, etc. I find the new series to be a near-complete anathema, especially after those clips at Galacticon. (Kudos on the Edward James Olmos casting, plus the work by Zoic, though -- those elements are the exception, imho.)

While I "can't go home again" (in the metaphoric sense), I can move forward. And in the same sense that New Line Cinema trashed the hopes of classic "Lost in Space" revivalists (kudos to Bill Mumy for keeping the faith), time will pass -- and hope springs eternal. (Rock on, Mr. Larson.)

I may not watch this new BG 2003 mini-series, but I look forward to future prospects. It ain't over yet.

Quote:
Good luck with the your future plans for the pegasus and long may she raighn as the guiding light for the original and the best Battlestar Galactica.
M.
michaelfaries is offline   Reply With Quote