View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2004, 11:18 AM   #1
Count Iblis
Shuttle Pilot

Default Mr. Moore's Latest Comments?

Sorry everyone, I'm not trying to "Fan The Flames" here, but one of problems that I feel has started so much "Hostility" is perhaps found in one of "Mr. Moore's" own quotes in a recent fan interview I read

Interviewer - "Mr Moore, You are aware of some of the type of hostility on many of the fan realted internet sites concerning the new series"?

Mr. Moore - "Nawwwwww....Really, I am shocked, shocked to find gambling is going on in this establishment" (Quote from Casa Blanca)

Interviewer - " How would you advise new series fans to respond to the questions and concerns from those TOS fans that voice them?"

Mr. Moore - "Who cares what they think?"

You know, there in could be the very reason that we seem to have so much discontent and bashing on both sides of the issue. "Who Cares What They Think?" speaks in volumes of the lack of consideration given from day one to include and bridge old ideas with new so "Most" fans could embrace the "Battlestar Galactica".

I don't think any TOS fan would say that it was realistic to expect everything to stay the same in the new production. That would not be possible, or "Marketable" in todays TV industry. However, basic good original ideas/concepts/established characters did not have to be changed to have a possible hit show.

I heard an interview on another occasion where Mr. Moore was commenting about how he wished he had more imput into "Voyager" and how differently that show would have been under his direction. I think R.M. took the opportunity with this new "Re-imagined" production to "Create/Add Artistry" in ways he was denied over at "Paramount/Viacom".

Unfortunately, we now have what we have, and I guess we will "ALL" have to make the best of what could have been handled much better, and should have included a "We care what TOS fans think" attitude. I believe that if the current producer and his associates would have made every effort to "Bridge Fandom" from the get go, we would have much less to complain about on either side of the issue.

Count Iblis is offline   Reply With Quote