View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2008, 11:26 AM   #7
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: For those that still love to build models...

By the way, I did buy both the models and they are very brilliantly done. Did I build them yet? No, not quite. If I'd bought these when I was in my late teens or early twenties, I'd have them assembled and painted already. With all the modern technology and garage modelers out there that love to craft up "enhancements" and sell them to fellow modelers, that bit has slowed me up a bit.

There are a couple of companies that have crafted up a rotating light unit for the Space Pod (the model is perfectly suited for lighting), not to mention some photo-etch parts to make it look all the more authentic. Someone else has come up with custom decals for the areas of the Pod that weren't addressed by Moebius Models.

The Chariot is a whole other deal. Someone has just completed casting custom figures for the Chariot and is having them cranked out to sell. There's a lighting kit, photo etch parts, etc. that are already for sale, or in the works.

With all this neat stuff at my disposal, I'm going to hold off on building the models after Christmas so I can take advantage of all these neat stuff to make both models as authentic as you can get with a 1/24 scale model.

Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote