View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2009, 09:42 AM   #47
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Re: 10: War Of The Gods

I know, in comparison to Space 1999's first season BG and alot of Amercian sci-fi shows, lack any real graphic scenes of horror whereas Space 1999 looking back now made some pretty brave choices in its storytelling when revelations came pouring in far as the dangers of being out there in space with all its unknown elements flying about the place.

The Wrecked ship of Iblis as always meant to have a shocking revelation (dead demons) but the Execs and ABC chickened out at the last minute.

I'd kill for Universal to do to BG what Paramount done for the original Star Trek series and give us a Remastered series of classic BG and finally give us SE of the Galactica episodes the series would grow and benefit from. WOTG would only be truly seen it was always meant to be, from a major SFX spruce up and if all that deleted footage of the 'cloven hooves' exist today, then we'd get a director's cut of this classic episode then.

Far as what could've been...

I consider Adam Stacey's BG fanfic second season stories to be what Larson and co might've done with a sequel to War Of The Gods.

Giving Iblis' minions an actual name ("Satyr League") and their conflict with the Colonials and Cylons is something i imagined a 2nd season of BG might've gone in.

KJ