View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2003, 04:14 PM   #16
WXM
Shuttle Pilot

Default First, to Stevew

Sorry! Micheleh had it; it was indeed me being funny and complimentary (or trying to be) in my weird way. What your avatar alone shows is awesome (and I was pretty sure, from seeing a thread on this site a while back that you were responsible for what's in that image--i.e., that it wasn't something you'd lifted from somewhere else) and it's a great, very canon looking BSG design it is (not easy to do I would imagine!)--and it shows such the complete opposite of someone who puts no thought/imagination into the BSG ships. I thought my little parenthesical note would make it clear that I was being funny but...blah blah blah. You get it now I guess. Again, sorry! Yes, I agree with jewels; reposting the bigger images again would be cool!

Jewels: I have looked on the WIP and completed images threads here at 3D-G more than a few times. One thing that was always fun was watching the WIP's of people's refit Enterprises (Dennis B's and JasonA's come to mind). The first time I came over was from seeing to a pic posted on TrekBBS "fan art" that blew me away (of the Enterprise-D bridge) by someone who posts at 3D-G all the time, though I doubt anyone who looks in those threads often knows who I'm talking about (<-my humor again).

ojai22: As far as signing the "Release the trailer!" petition, I'm not sure I am ready to do that. I'll explain: Mr. Hatch will only be able to release the trailer once. He knows that, and if he hasn't released it yet I'll assume he has good reasons, probably feels that the right moment isn't quite here yet... so I think I'll hold off on giving him a nudge on that myself at this point as I'm sure he already knows that many folks want to see it. But thanks for the link. If I change my mind (which could well happen)...

To all: You see the title of this thread. What is an element that you imagine being in place in an updated 25 year later continuation from the original series? A specific change in the look of the sets?... or the uniforms (or maybe they've phased uniforms out)? A story element? Basically, what's was one of the things/ideas that pops into your head for a continuation when you see the title of this thread?