View Single Post
Old February 28th, 2009, 08:00 PM   #19
Reaper
Warrior ACE!

Default Re: Warrior's Costume gunbelt construction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mieal Deneb View Post
I have yet to paint my Sidi boots. I went the Sidi - Joel Robert replica version because I just love the look of those boots, even though they're tough to walk in and the ladies also wore just plain ol' riding boots. The Sidis just look "Battlestar Galactica-ish" to me.
Actually Some of the Female Warriors did wear the SIDIs as well. Athena had the SIDIs when she was in battle gear, and I believe Serena did as well. The only warrior who wore the plain brown boots was Sheba. The bridgecrew and other Galactica crew wore plain boots as well (black only when in the blue uniforms)

What I'm doing for boots is I got a pair of modern Motocross boots on Ebay (O'Neill Boots, don't know the model) They have 4 plastic rocker clasps. But I'm sending them to my leatehr workign friend. He'll add more buckles and Make them look more like the center bar buckles on the repros. (These are also black, so he'll paint them brown for me) I'm thinking I'll get a damned good looking pair of boots for $150 total. Including the custom work.

when he's done with my boots, I'll post pics and contact info for people. Including before and after pics.

When I get around to Dress boots, I'm thinking I may see if he can take a pair of ankle high boots and make the custom upper. I'ts the best way to fit my tree trunks. lol

Classic fan, and die hard!
Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote