View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2003, 01:04 PM   #14
Artemis
Warrior

It seems to me that Moore got rid of everything that made BSG unique and added pieces of other shows to make it as ordinary as possible. Others have already pointed out all the things I am refering to such as the B5 costumes and 6 of 12, 7 of 9 comparison, the terminator concept and the completely out of Farscape chip in the head of Baltar. It looked like he went to the local mall for the costumes of the non military and I have one word for him-TRIPOD, the shakey camera was driving me nuts and I had to stop watching the scene with Lee and the others on Colonial one when he kept spinning around the group. Other than having clothes that looked like todays fashions there was nothing to make the audience feel as if we were connected to these people. He said he changed the sex of the characters to have some strong female roles but Sharron came off as a wuss and Starbuck was just annoying, Athena, Serena and Cassiopeia were much stronger characters, and Sheba in later episodes. The only character I remotely liked was the crew chief, everyone else was whinney or self-absorbed. You don't have to give every character a major personality flaw to make them believable, in fact I find it hard to believe that many maladjusted people could be working on one ship.
In the end it wasn't horrible, I look at it for what it was, a way to retain the rights to the franchise, I don't think scifi really cared how it came out they just had to use the name before the end of the year. I'm just glad they don't have their hands on the Farscape mini.
Well that is my rant. :colwar: