View Single Post
Old October 29th, 2020, 10:35 PM   #71
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Default Re: BG-04: The Long Patrol

They don't exist in the "original form". There was never a final edit using the discarded footage for Long Patrol which makes us lucky to see the outtakes. Most of the unused footage stays unused for a good reason.

I have found though that it is possible with some basic video software (and if you rip the episodes to your computer along with the outtakes/deleted scenes) it is possible to create some longer versions. This comes in handy for recreating the "telemovie" versions of the two part episodes only this way you get to see the better quality footage of the remastered DVDs for the non-telemovie added scenes before new material comes up. I found that all but five episodes could be expanded with new material (in this case, material that still fits the episode narrative. A new edit of Saga still can't use the "Serina's dying footage" for instance or Long Patrol with the daylight footage because it's unmixed and you hear airplanes flying overhead and it also doesn't fit narratively with everything else that was shot. For that episode I think I just put back in a brief moment where the waiter explains what he meant about the days "before the war")
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote