View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2010, 08:16 AM   #1
Last Battlestar
Shuttle Pilot

Default BG Studio Scale Model Builds: interested?

Man, I haven't been around these parts for a LONG time, but decided to drop in and check things out.

Looking through the threads, I've noticed many people asking for references, studio scale kits and wondering what other people are building from the Galactica universe. Well, I can tell you that most of the serious model projects are located at www.resinilluminati.com, where we have a dedicated Galactica Builders Group forum which features some extremely impressive ship builds including multiple Galactica replicas, Vipers, Raiders, Astral Queen (prison barge), Livery Ship, Basestar, various obscure RTF ships and more.

You will have to sign up to access this section (and a mind-boggling array of other mind blowing sci fi, builds), but I assure you it is worth your time. We also have various threads with extremely rare studio model photos from generous collectors. A detailed part map section also ID's almost every single kit part seen on the 'ol girl herself along with hundreds of photos of the original miniature.

We have industry professionals, garage kit producers and even regular guys like myself who are building dreams right in our own homes. My personal 11 year Galactica build can be seen here (but you'd better go to the end to see how she looks today):

http://resinilluminati.com/showthread.php?t=1203

Please feel free to join us. It's not a kid's forum, but it is an active group of people with a serious passion for the art form who talk shop and life in a relaxed, liberally moderated arena. You don't have to be a modeller to enjoy what we have on show, but set aside a week or two to read through all the projects! Make sure you tell 'em I sent you.

Regards, Mike, Australia
Expected Completion Date: UNKNOWN

Apollo: 'Let's go home'
Starbuck: 'Some home. A piece of metal in the middle of nowhere'
Apollo: 'Sure beats just plain nowhere! Let's go in....'

".... I am still trying to get my mind around the dried up armadilo look. The 'gator just seemed to work better." -dvo47p

Last Battlestar is offline   Reply With Quote