View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2019, 06:40 PM   #1
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

Default Re: Here's Why Cancelling Battlestar Galactica Was a Horrible Decision!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthope View Post
Most of the telemovies NBC put out were garbage. I have no doubt that a series of BG movies would have faired better, but you are right in that holding on to an audience over time would be problematic.

Some network tried that approach with the Brady Variety Hour. That show, along with a couple others, were rotated and couldn't hold on to an audience. (It didn't help that Brady Variety Hour was their version of Galactica 1980.)

I think we may have ended up with more episode-hours with the one season than if we had a series of telemovies.

And say what you like, Fire In Space was a fun episode. And the first hour of Greetings From Earth was some of the best science fiction out there!

Well I hope you're not suggesting "Columbo" was "garbage."

Thinking back, even occasional one hour episodes had happened as recently as 1976-1977 when ABC only ran "Wonder Woman" (the World War 2 episodes) as intermittent special episodes as though they were too afraid to commit to a series.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote