View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2004, 05:20 PM   #1
Bijou88

Default Did anyone ever get the official Warrior Jacket?

I may be dating myself but here goes. I remember ads in the back pages of Starlog magazine hawking "The Warrior's Battlejacket." The ads ran for awhile in the 1979/1981 time period. I aways wanted to know what these jackets were like. I had some trouble getting my Dad to pony up the $31.99 so I never got my hands on one. I found one of my old Starlogs (#28) and here is the ad copy:

"Available in sizes for the entire family to enjoy!

At last, you can dress in futuristic, military style with the high quality Warrior's Battlejacket. Made of rugged 100% cotton denim, the Warrior's Battlejacket is light olive brown in color and comes complete with all the trimmings: Decorative emblem, realistic insignia pins and locking metal clasps. It's made to be machine washed and dried. Whether wearing your Warrior's Battlejacket to school or bringing it along on rocketship rides to far away places, it's fun to dress in space fashion. The whole family can dress in Warrior Battlejackets, choose from a variety of sizes on the order form below. Suitable for most any occasion: day to day recreational use, disco wear, Halloween. Makes a great Christmas gift!"

The jackets came in children's, big boy's, women's and men's sizes. At the top of the add they have artwork of a family of four: Mom, Dad, Sister and Brother all wearing their Warrior's Battle Jackets! In the background, Vipers streak trough the air. Who wouldn't want to own one of these babies?

One thing that I find interesting is that they do not mention Battlestar Galactica at all. It is clearly the warrior jacket from the show but they do not point this out. Strange. Well, in any event, I always wondered what the actual "Warrior Battlejacket" looked like. How close was it to the real deal? What was it like when it arrived in the mail. Was it great or a disappointment? Did everyone at the schoolyard or the disco envy you?