View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2010, 06:13 PM   #90
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: Remastered BattleStar Galatica?

I really do dislike closing a thread, simply because a person cannot check his or her tongue, at the door. I trust the meaning of that remark is clear to all.

Now, I have several questions.

Except for updating the master copy of the Galactica shows on a medium more durable than currently being used, why is it necessary to "update" the originals with new footage?

When "updating" the original scene with what you "think it should look like" or "want it to look like", isn't that the same as "re-imagining" that particular scene?

We all know how others who "re-imagined" things named Galactica were vilified so, will we be doing that to ourselves as well?

Before I go any further, I do want to clarify something -- I am not criticizing anyone for efforts made to broaden the interest of Galactica or to pose "what if" scenarios to favorite scenes or episodes. In fact, I congratulate those, like Dave Kerin, who have the talent and imagination to visually entertain us with different twists on old scenes. Stuff like that is what keeps me interested and coming back.

But, I feel that it is simply an indication of what can be done, not necessarily what should be done.
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote