Old October 10th, 2005, 01:02 PM   #56
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeadama_cylon
I just spent a chunk of time composing a message in reply, then my internet exploder failed me. Here's a shorter version of it:

I disagree with your decision. However, I will not bare my bottom at you all and start trashing everything you are loyal to. Instead, I implore you to listen to the other side. A discussion on the decision of CF has cultivated at my humble site. (Including analysis by a rape survivor). If you are truly the moral high-ground, you will listen to what we so-called GINO defendants have to say. Ban me from Fleets if you desire, sir and madam moderators, you have closed off the only section where I belonged. I do not ask you to re-open the TNS forum, you made it very clear that would not happen. I only ask you to consider what you have left behind. Here is the discussion, read it if you wish.

Well, leeadama,

I read the replies over at your site. Most thoughtful. From the vitriol of their remarks, one would think that we were stealing their first-born.

For the love of God, there are OTHER SITES to discuss the new show! We simply do not agree, AT ALL, which much of Mr. Moore's story-telling technique. We're sick and tired of hearing how closely this show portrays REAL LIFE. If that's the case then, let Mr. Moore write some stories that show the "good in people" instead of concentrating on these so-called "personal issues".

As far as I'm concerned, each and every "issue" that these characters have goes right out the window, with the destruction of their homeworlds. Anything bothersome to them, with which to have an "issue", pales horribly in comparison to the destruction of 12 planets....wouldn't you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeadama_cylon
you have closed off the only section where I belonged

Then, you never really tried to truly understand us. One could say that you were being as 'closed-minded' for not doing that as we supposedly are, for closing down the TNS forum.

BST

btw, having an opinion is not a bannable offense.

You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.