View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2004, 08:19 AM   #113
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Well, if we wanted to hire voice actors for Adama and Baltar, we could have it take place right after Hand of God.

We could creatively find ways to bring people who are new to Classic Galactica up to speed on past events in the story ( Flashbacks, Adama Journals, etc,) without having to say "You must see the entire Classic series in order to know where we're going." Somehow, we have to manage to keep it fresh, while still drawing on necessary continuity occasionally.

Ideally, a new viewer should not have to have seen much of the classic live action show to grasp the new storyline. (However, when they do watch the classic episodes, the animated episodes will click for them even more.) The logic they deduce between the live show and the animated stories should come seamlessly, but not require them to go: "Wait, I don't understand this....do I have to watch the classic eps for the sake of understanding this episode?"

But. the idea IS to get them to appreciate the classic show. The animated eps may intrigue them to watch the classic shows. Awareness of the original series through an animated series helps to heighten further awareness for the larger, big screen, live -action continuation effort.

Ideally, I think right after the Hand of God is good.

On the other hand, if we do a series that is 10 yahrens down the road for the fleet, we can introduce a new generation of characters, while characters like Apollo, Starbuck, Boomer, and such have attained the upper echelons of command on the Galactica.

My God, this has soooo many possibilities.

I think Thomas' Warrior Girl sets a great inspiration for the look.

Respectfully, and AFU (all fired up)
Martok2112