View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2004, 08:32 AM   #10
Jayworld
Warrior

Default I'd recommend PS2...

But you need to go to your local Best Buy, Target, GameStop, etc., and look over the selection of both systems, try out the demo games available, compare the "feel" of the controllers, etc. Also, ask yourself what type of games you like best (in addition to Battlestar Galactica). There are more sports games available for PS2, and in many cases, on-line play is available ONLY on PS2, if that is important to you. Also, PS2 can play DVDs right out of the box, but you need to buy the additional remote control system for XBox to play DVD movies. (You can also buy a DVD remote for PS2 for $15, but you don't need it to play movies unless you want it). Compare the cost of additional controllers. Also keep in mind that the XBox has internal memory and does not require memory cards, but the PS2 does, and they are $18-$25 per 8 MEG card, depending on where you buy.

Plusses:
PS2: more games, backwards compatible with PSOne games, controllers "feel" better (in my opionion), DVD ready
XBox: interal memory, better graphics

I prefer my PS2, and I bought it after 2 months of heavy research and comparison of both systems. Of course, I love the Sports games for PS2 as well...

Jayworld
Jayworld is offline   Reply With Quote