View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2006, 01:44 PM   #13
BRG
Warrior

Here is on logical reason which popps up all the time.

In the UK, the TV channel ITV are remaking Agatha Christie's Marple. I enjoy them, they are darker and more comical than the old BBC ones, and they take a few big liberties with the novels in order to give a more modern twist, while retaining the feel of the original work.

But most of the message boards I have seen discussing this show are full of hard core Christie fan's who seem to delight in wailing about how bad the show is, how it can't compair to the 80's BBC versions, and stating that Dame Agatha will be turning in her grave.
And I guarentee that every one of these moaners will sit down and watch all of the next episode like a hawk, just so they can tear it to peices on the internet as soon as it has aired!

The same thing is happening with the new Robin Hood series on the BBC, with hordes of fans of the 80's show Robin of Sherwood watching for the only purpose of hating it and bashing it online afterwards.
Dare I say there will be a few fans of the original BSG doing the same.

I know as a Superman fan, I first tuned into Smallviile expecting to be outraged, but soon discovered I actually really enjoyed the show.
BRG
BRG is offline   Reply With Quote