View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2006, 02:47 PM   #4
monolith21
Squadron Leader

Going out of ones way to belittle a show simply because one doesn't like it is pretty lame. However when a show goes out of its way to belittle an existing audience (like Gino) then I say it is fair game. Fans of a show that is built on controversy should not in my opinion be surprised when discussions of said show become controversial.

There is also a difference between going out of ones way to come down on a show as opposed to telling someone "you're missing out!" That is expressing love for a show and in a way shows a certain amount of respect for the other person. It is something they enjoy and wish that someone they are talking to to enjoy as well. It is the exact opposite of saying "your show sucks." With that in mind, it is important to see the difference between the two when talking to other fans. I know some Gino fans that bring up their show to me not to slam the original series (indeed they may know very little about it) but to say "you're missing out". I just tell them it is not for me, I'm a die hard fan of the original.

Now a fan that says "it is better than the original"... the gloves are off and they asked for it.

Lt. Killian
Blackstar Squadron
"The Fighting Faithful"

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
-Albert Einstein
monolith21 is offline   Reply With Quote