Bad Email Address

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Admin
BattlestarGalacticaClub.com

Thumbs up NEWS: Colonial Newsletter - 02/04/2003

(CONTINUED)

= = = =

January 16, 2002

Fan Fiction Stories & Crossovers Forum updated at BattlestarGalacticaClub.com

New stories are now available for reading at the Fan Fiction Stories & Crossovers Forum at BattlestarGalacticaClub.com! "The Long Wait" is a twelve chapter story just completed by Rebecca Neal (Rebecca), "New Life, New Worlds, and New Threats: Lost Tribes of a different Branch of Man" by Lisa (FireStar) has several substantial new additions to the fan fic story, "Ghost of the Rising Star" by Katie Gibson (winterrose) is now on the fifth chapter, and the brand-new "Fate of Starbuck" script was just started by Paul Pisano (kingfish) who has just returned to the forums! Check out this new fan fic and additional fan fic stories as well at the Fan Fiction Stories & Crossovers Forum at BattlestarGalacticaClub.com.

http://www.battlestargalacticaclub.c...php?act=SF&f=3

= = = =

January 16, 2002

Josh W. Spencer updates "MacManJWS Presents: BATTLESTAR GALACTICA" web site

New announcement from long-time Battlestar Galactica fan and revival activist Josh W. Spencer: "Hello there! I thought I'd take a few centons of your time to announce that for the first time in at least 3 years, I've upgraded my web site so that it loads quicker, and is easier to navigate. No more felgercarb clutter of animated gifs or those stupid frames. The content is still the same, it's the presentation that's much better. In addition I have a little surprise on the main page. You can help. So go check out my Battlestar Galactica page at: MacManJWS Presents: BATTLESTAR GALACTICA. The Lords of Kobol bless you." Many thanks to Josh Spencer for posting the announcement at the Battlestar Galactica Club Forums. To visit Josh Spencer's updated site, check out the following link.

http://home.earthlink.net/~macmanjws/galactica/

= = = =

January 16, 2002

Battlestar Galactica 25th Anniversary: Volunteers Needed!

Battlestar Galactica fan Micheleh is now recruiting volunteers for the upcoming Battlestar Galactica 25th Anniversary in 2003. Here is Micheleh's recent announcement: "Hi! Micheleh here! I am assembling the preliminary list of all people who want to volunteer their time and efforts to help us with the 25th anniversary next fall! We will need people to participate in a wide variety of activities both before and during the convention. Examples are research, promotion, setup and teardown, check in and badges, etc. Okay, so who's interested? If you are, just write down what convention or similar experience you have had, and what areas you would like to help with. Email this to me at micheleh@gci-net.com. I will let you know when I receive the information. I will also contact everyone when teams are formed. I can't wait! I know this is going to be a fabulous event, and a great time for everyone. Oh, and if you have any suggestions for making this a great event, mail 'em along with your information- this is going to be a con by the fans, for the fans, and all feedback is always welcome." To reply to Michelle, be sure to visit the following link at the Battlestar Galactica Club Forums.

http://www.battlestargalacticaclub.c...ST&f=21&t=1041

= = = =

January 16, 2002

Kenneth Thomson Jr. script review is done and to be available soon

Kenneth Thomson Jr. has just completed his review of the recent version of the Ron Moore mini-series script and will be posting the review on his web site soon. Here is Ken's most recent report at the Sci-Fi Channel BBoard: "My review of the script is done. I took a long time to write it because I wanted to say something with my review that hadn't yet been said by others who did a great job with their own reviews. I've sent the review to Ron Moore as a courtesy before posting it. That should be shortly. I hope you find it worth the wait. It wasn't easy to write it. When I post it, it'll be on my Galactica Newslink site. It's in serious need for an update which will also be included." Watch for the review to be available soon at Ken's Battlestar Galactica Newslink web site.

http://hometown.aol.com/raymar3d/Bat...NewsLink1.html

= = = =

January 16, 2002

Battlestar Galactica Prequel POLL (very important): Your feedback is requested

Important announcement from Michael Faries of BattlestarGalactica.com: "This may be one of the most important polls I've ever posted in my history within this fandom. Let's just say that script rewrites are being ordered. And it would be interesting to see what fans might want in a Battlestar Galactica PREQUEL. There are three poll questions below. Please provide an answer for each one within THIS discussion thread; do not post elsewhere. At minimum, please answer questions #1 and #3." The poll is important, so be sure to participate and make your voice heard! The poll is available at the following link at the Battlestar Galactica Club Forums, and is also available at Colonial Fleets and the Sci-Fi Channel BBoard.

http://www.battlestargalacticaclub.c...=ST&f=5&t=1040

= = = =

January 16, 2002

The Galactican Issue To Be Out by January 20th

New report from Joe Beaudoin at TheGalactican.com "Issue To Be Out by 20th. Regrettably, circumstances beyond my control have delayed the release of what was to be the last issue of the year 2002. The issue, which is being finalized, is currently undergoing final touches and should be out by the 20th -- unless Sagan has something else to say about it. The issue will herald a few minute changes for the future of the e-zine, which shall be revealed in the weeks ahead. In the meantime, if you haven't, please feel free to sign up for the online version of the e-zine. By doing so you will automatically be notified about the release of the e-zine and be able to download it." For more information and to subscribe to The Galactican e-zine, be sure to visit TheGalactican.com.

http://www.thegalactican.com/

= = = =

January 16, 2002

Battlestar Galactica mentioned on "That 70's Show"

Battlestar Galactica was mentioned a number of times on a rerun of "That 70's Show". Scooter2000 reports: "I was watching an older rerun tonight of 'That 70's Show' and they made a few amusing Battlestar Galactica references. On the opening of the episode the gang are hanging out in Eric's basement. Jim commented that lately Kelso is never around on Sunday nights. Donna replied that he probably spends those nights with Jackie. Later in that episode Jackie angrily walks into Eric's basement and commented that Kelso blows her off every Sunday night because he likes to stay home and watch his favorite show, Battlestar Galactica. When Fez realized that it was Sunday night he immediately got up and ran home (audience is supposed to assume that he is rushing home to watch Battlestar Galactica). Then later in that episode Eric passes through the living room where Red (Kurtwood Smith) and Kitty are watching television. All of a sudden Red yells at the TV 'Those Cylons are a bunch of Dumb-As*es' 'How do they keep missing a target that is so close?' or something to that effect. It was very funny and I am sure that even non-Battlestar Galactica fans were laughing when they watched it. Isn't that amazing? Another popular American sitcom makes another Battlestar Galactica reference. The writers even got the Sunday nights reference correct... and Ronald D. Moore said in an interview back in May (on one of his reasons for not wanting to do a continuation) 'no one in America remembers Battlestar Galactica.' Or he at least wanted to make us believe that 'No one remembers Battlestar Galactica' to justify his efforts." Many thanks to Scooter2000 for posting the report at Colonial Fleets.

http://www.3dgladiators.com/forums/s...threadid=18770

= = = =

January 16, 2002

New Ed "Greenbean" Begley Jr. Interview at BattlestarFanClub.com

New announcement from Chris Feehan Co-President of BattlestarFanClub.com: "The Battlestar Galactica Fan Club Co-President Shawn O'Donnell had the extraordinary experience of talking to Ed Begley Jr. who played the role of Greenbean in the series. He discussed his work and upcoming projects." Be sure to check out the new interview just published at BattlestarFanClub.com.

http://www.curemode.com/battlestar/bgintebj.htm

= = = =

(CONTINUED)
StarshipTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote