View Single Post
Old June 21st, 2005, 08:01 PM   #6
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

The Council definitely needs more realism and believability to their actions, because the way the episode unfolds, all you can say is that they are just plain DUMB! (as Cleavon Little in "Blazing Saddles" would say).

I think ultimately, they have a desire to get back at Adama for the snubbing they got in GFE, where I think Adama treated them disrespectfully and gave them reason to be hostile toward anything new that might emanate from Adama regarding how to handle the Alliance "representatives."

I do think for better believability there should be a Council member or two who opposes the Council's decision to strip Adama of power, and as such are not among those being held hostage because they're protesting the meetings by not showing up. That way there's more diversity on the Council and that some members in fact are willing to stand by Adama (when you get down to it, since the rest of the Council was killed in Saga, then this Council has to be comprised of members Adama had a hand in selecting. SOME of them should be up to the job of giving him support when he needs it).
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote