View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2004, 03:35 PM   #1
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default Finally got the BSG Videogame

...and it took a long, long time for me to track it down after I quit my job at GameStop to join a rock band. I finally found Battlestar Galactica the videogame at a GameStop in Minot, ND.

What can I say? I LOVE THIS GAME! There are a couple of things I do not like about it though. Once you start flying the more advanced Vipers (Mk II and Strike), the familiar laser cannon sounds are replaced with more generic sounding lasers. Give me that familiar "fyeer, fyeer!" zap sound that the MK I's have in the game.

Many times, through the game, I like to buzz the Galactica! The sheer scale of the ship awes me.

Anyway, I have advanced pretty far in the game. The only word of advice anyone really needs in the game is this: "Triangle button to pick primary targets, and keep any wingmen close to defend you!" If you can keep those two maxims in mind, you should be able to get through the game with minimal fuss. When I restart the game, I will endeavor to make sure that I do not lose any wingmen. I do pretty well with one wingman...I cannot imagine what I could accomplish with three.

It is so cool to be able to hear Richard Hatch's and Dirk Benedict's voices in the game. Were you aware of some of the other sci-fi personas in the game. The voice of Adama is the guy who played the "Ranger" on Babylon 5. And, Kristanna Loken, the Terminatrix from T-3 plays Iphi in the game.

The only thing that would have made this game better is a two player dogfight mode. Hopefully, if another Galactica game is made, they will implement this.

Anyhoo, two thumbs up for this great game. I have always wanted to fly a Colonial Viper....now I can.

SO say we all!
Martok2112