View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2004, 01:01 PM   #20
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas7g
Did you know that there are emulators out there for old games? Modern PCs are so much faster than 1980 arcade machines that they can run programs to interprete the old arcade games. So you can play the actual game on your pc and it will play exaclty the same. You just have to somehow get the code from the original arcade machine processor chips.

Companies like Atari don't release the code since its still valuable to them. So its not legal to give them away. But they are all over the internet. YOu just have to search for them.

Funny you said that, I am in the process of expanding my web site to include 4 antique platforms, games, emulators, and so forth. That way folks can locate everything in the same place. And yes, it's unbelievably sad that out of business companies and obsolete programs are still being avidly defended (which does nothing except guarantee they are NEVER enjoyed again!!! .

"If I can't play it, neither can YOU!!!" What a horrible outlook to have toward your neighbors. What if authors and estates of old literature adamantly prevented everyone from ever reading their beautiful works again?

Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote