View Single Post
Old September 20th, 2013, 01:42 PM   #83
Jayworld
Warrior

Default Re: New BG Classic ongoing comic

I don't post much on the board anymore; lurk some, hopeful for "new" news.... Had to post on this topic, though. I've been a BG fan since the original series came out in 1978; I am also a comic book collector and fan. I am enjoying the new Dynamite limited series so far and have all three issues as released. The Alex Ross cover artwork is spectacular, as is all his work. I own the Marvel original BG series, the Dynamite Cylon Apocalypse, most of the Realm Press, etc. I think the "tongue-in-cheek" #3 cover homage to the original Star Wars early release poster (I owned this poster when it came out) was pretty cool, too.

I understand the purist problems with this current Dynamite series, but I am enjoying it, as it is mostly Classic Battlestar. Not a big fan of Dr. Zee, but when Galactica 1980 came out, I loved it, because it was Battlestar, although not as good as the original first series (some of you will take exception to that, but to a 13 year old at the time who was greatly disappointed abou the original series cancellation, Galactica 1980 was decent); was bummed when it was cancelled, too (yes, I own the 1980 DVD set and the Cylon head classic series set). I enjoy them because they are Battlestar.

With the lack of news on any new BG projects and especially the on-again/off-again Singer movie, this current comic is a new BG story that I can enjoy.

I would say go out and buy and and show that you are interested in this through sales. Most comic shops have all three issues still in stock (although probably very low on #1).