View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2003, 06:45 PM   #4
KJ
Strike Leader

Default My problem with SW episode 2 is.....

TOO MANY DAMN CUTS!!! AND NO SE DVD FULL OF EXTENDED MOMENTS.

Lucas is starting to get on my nerves? Peter Jackson is planning on releasing 43 mins into his Two Towers extended edition to flesh out the story much more in November 2003 just before LOTR Return Of The King!.

George Lucas in comparsion is adding stuff into the DVD version of Episode 2 which does nothing? Padme say Yes instead of groaning in the theatrical cut and Jango Fett's Jet pack giving off sparks to tell the audience his jet pack is damaged? he cuts tons of footage that would have fleshed out the movie more.

I can understand cutting things for the cinema version time constraints, but all those dumb ass excuses to say why this and that were cut is nonsense. The DVD are filled with his kiss ass friends sucking up saying why needless but interesting 2 or 3 mins of this and that were cut leading to this and that subplot etc. as much as lucas has done for cinema, he still doesn't get it sometimes and all that arrogance he has, isn't helping matters.

Yoda's battle with Count Dooku was a kick ass fight watered down, for time? The DVD clearly shows Dooku using Two lightsabres against Yoda, it also shows Obi wan Kenobi attacked on Geonosis by wild animals?.

Also cut but not seen on the DVD was Mace Windu's fight with Jango Fett, and other Jedi Knights storming the droid control ship.

At least Peter Jackson more giving the audience more of the story. Star Wars is slowing losing even the most dedicated fans. Lucas better wisen up soon and fast.

Enjoy getting the DVD's bsg1fan1975.

But get the original trilogy as well. *hint hint* on a certain format.

KJ

KJ is offline   Reply With Quote