View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2003, 08:46 PM   #1
Scooter2000
COMPLETELY BANNED

Default My story of going to see X-Men2.

As I mention previously, I not only purchased one advance ticket for a Sunday evening show but also decided to purchase three and treat my friends as well because Singer and DeSanto deserved my hard-earned cash.

Unfortunately, my two other friends could not make the show the following day.

My one friend who started his first game Sunday morning in a men’s softball league got a bad injury diving into 2nd base. Lets just say he had to get three stitches above his right eye and he lost his eyebrow as well in the process.

My other friend told me he ate some bad fish for lunch and got diarrhea. I didn’t believe him so I went to his house with a bottle of pepto. When I got there I didn’t get three words in before he ran to the bathroom in a hurry. Still I was skeptical until I put my ear on the bathroom door and sure enough his ass sounded like a chainsaw. So I decided to drive off by myself figuring maybe I will either see it by myself and eat the other two tickets because I was dying to see this movie.

I arrived at the lobby about twenty minutes before ShowTime. The first thing that caught my eye was some guy that I vaguely recognize from my local pub. It’s a local place where all the construction workers, plumbers, builders, electricians, secretaries and web designers goes every Thursday for early evening happy hour.

With him were his two sons. One of them looked about 11 years old and the other looked about 8. I noticed that the 8-year-old kid had a Wolverine shirt on and that both kids looked a bit on the sad side. When I overheard this man trying to cheer his two kids up by promising to take them next weekend, I looked up at the sign and noticed that all the X-Men 2 shows (on 2 screens) were sold out.

I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but I was able to put two and two together and figured that they had their heart set on seeing X2 and was let down because of the sellout.

I immediately approached him and gave him my 3 tickets and told him and his kids to enjoy the show. This guy was so thankful that he offered to give me thirty dollars but I declined. He kept on insisting that I take the money but I told him to just buy me a beer the next time he sees me at the tavern. I told him that the money was not necessary because the other two tickets were only going to go to waste anyway.

As I watched them head back towards the theater I realized that the real truth was that I was overwhelmed by the joy I had given those two kids and the father who didn’t want to let them down. Watching that one kid’s eyes light up when I gave his father the tickets was priceless.

As for me, I still can’t wait to see X-Men 2.

So please people, becareful posting spoilors!

-Ronald D. Moore-
Scooter2000 is offline   Reply With Quote