View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2005, 09:11 PM   #5
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippercollecto
I agree with what you said about TBN and contemporary Christian music. I listen to two different CCM stations here in town and I don't even have a contemporary pop station programmed on my car radio buttons anymore. But TBN's programming is so weird! I'm not talking about the religious/evangelical talking heads preaching--it's the dramas on the network that are so bad! Once in a while it will show an old 50s or 60s Biblical epic, and those are fun to watch, but their own series productions make the stuff on the SciFi Channel look like Olivier doing Hamlet. The really annoying thing is--the TBN original programming could be easily be so much better.
I can't even watch TBN, which is really funny when you consider I've enjoyed at times, some of the same preachers/teachers on the radio, ones like Jack Hayford and Andy and Charles Stanley. Folks like that chick with the big hair and the 1970's Vegas stage makeup: I just want to send them to my Mary Kay rep for a makeover because the visual distracts me from listening to see if they have anything reasonable to say. I've never tried to watch their drama's but Lexie watched some animated kid's show on it one day and I was appalled at the lack of quality and the tone in which the "moral" summaries were delivered. TBN needs to broadcast Veggie Tales and forget about doing their own kid shows. The folks at Big Idea know how to tell a story with a moral and make it as fun as a Pixar movie (at least for preschoolers).

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote