View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2003, 03:32 AM   #21
dru
Shuttle Pilot

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Kingjason
Sheba actually didn't leave her viper behind if you take into account the telemovies where the shuttle lands on the Galactica and Apollo, Starbuck and Sheba find out from Tigh and Boomer that all the missing pilots were found on the "Red Planet" where Count Iblis was found.

In doing so, i guess they found Sheba's Viper also! (with limited fleet resources, they wouldn't leave a fighter ship like a Viper behind would they?)
KJ
It just occurred to me that perhaps her Viper was stowed aboard the Galactica Shuttle. The shuttles appear to be quite large. Otherwise, I imagine there would've been a piece of dialog about finding Sheba's Viper abandoned down on the planet.

According to http://ravensbranch.allen.com/galacticasize.html, the BSG Scrapbook suggests the shuttle would be about 110 feet long (the set was only 33 ft). Although not entirely proportional to the scale model, the full-sized Viper mock-up was only 28.5 feet, less than one third the length of the shuttle craft. That suggests there might be enough cargo capacity in a Colonial shuttle to store Sheba's Viper on the return trip to Galactica from the crash-site planet. Helicopters are known to be transported inside cargo planes, for example. Why not have a shuttle available to transport a Viper?

Don't ask me to explain how they got the Viper on board, perhaps there's an enormous cargo door on the virtually unseen starboard side of a shuttle craft.

I'm just saying this fits the "facts" at least as well as anything. Perhaps more. I can't see Starbuck and Sheba just leaving her Viper behind while they flew Apollo's lifeless body back to the fleet.

Edit: I did a scaled graphic from some line drawings of the Viper and Shuttle I found online. There's *plenty* of room for a Viper to be stored inside the Shuttle. I don't have anywhere to link to the image, unfortunately.

Last edited by dru; November 20th, 2003 at 04:03 AM..
dru is offline   Reply With Quote