View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2009, 10:51 AM   #19
CBSG4ever
Warrior Ace

Location: In My Battlestar over San Diego waiting for everyone else...

Default Re: A Time for Thanks and Remembrance

It's hard to believe that another Thanksgiving is once more upon us. (Is it me, or did this year go by really fast...)

As I reflect on the things that I am most grateful for, I took a moment to also think of those who are not with or could not be with the ones they love. Whether it is someone who is in the service of their country, one who is away from home traveling at this time of year or one who is no longer with us, I hope they and their loved ones find peace, love and joy during this time. The warmth of family is a wonderful thing.

As for me, I have not been posting here at Fleets as often as I would like to. I have been focusing on RL for the last year or so. Nothing is wrong by the way, just life. I thought about family and friends and wanted, as Pete most eloquently stated, to "Take a moment, though, and give your family members an extra long embrace and let them know how truly thankful you are to have them in your life."

So in that spirit, to all at my second "family" here at Fleets, I am truly thankful to have such wonderful people to associate with. I am very blessed to have such friends in my life. I shall endeavor to make the time and keep in touch more with this community and this very special place.
Be safe and have a Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Steve

"You're gonna need a bigger boat..." Chief Brody - Jaws
"Kind of a bummer gettin' your butt kicked by a dead guy" - Col. T.C. McQueen, S:AaB-(Ray Butts)
"A kind word and a 2-by-4 is better than just a kind word" - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5
"WIVES...uh...aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves?" Starbuck - Living Legend
"Every creature in the Universe is out to exterminate us and YOU want to hire a vocal group." Boomer - Saga of a Starworld
CBSG4ever is offline   Reply With Quote