View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2004, 12:55 AM   #11
ViperTech

As a kid, I didn't like this one much. It was too sad for me.
But now, 25 yahrens later, it's in My Personal Top 3.

Real drama and a sense of hoplessness reigns as the Galactica truly appears doomed after Cylon rammers cause sever damage to Glactica's port side landing bay and the bridge takes a hit, leaving Adama incapacitated and needing heart surgery. The strifing runs by Apollo, Starbuck and Sheba in their specially-equipped Vipers are unable to put the landing bay fire out. (I remember being very frustrated when watching as a kid when it didn't work)

We get to see Muffit in a heroic role, taking air masks to those trapped in the Rejuvination Center and that's wonderful.

A scene with Adama and Tigh in sickbay is as dramatic as any scene in the series when the injured and dieing Adama asks for a status report on the ship and Tigh, after a dramatic pause and some sad music says:

"It's bad Adama."

Also, a tear-jerking scene at the end, when a recovering Adama and Apollo are reunited and Adama tells his son to recommend Boomer for award for his bravery in saving those in the Rej. center. Richard Hatch's reaction in that instant is, in my opinion, as strong as any scene Hatch played in the whole series, as he tearfully tells Boomer "Thank You for saving my family," and Boomer is his easy-going self about it all. Then we lose it when a tearful Boxey says "Muffey's never coming back, dad." Only to set up Starbuck's "Wanna' bet!" Great stuff!