View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2019, 07:02 AM   #40
Jayworld
Warrior

Default Re: A Thought for TOS Diehards...

Not sure, especially since seemingly the interest in Battlestar as a whole, at least in my perspective, has waned considerably over the last several years. I see when I log on here that we have a multitude of members, yet only 24 of us are active. Does that mean that many have migrated to Facebook pages or other forums, or has interest in Battlestar, whether nuBSG or osBSG just really diminished the further we get away each year from Richard Hatch's failed continuation attempt through his trailer and series of books, the failed DeSanto/Singer mini-series back-door continuation, or the nuBSG (GINO to some)?

As posted much earlier (14 years earlier!), after being extremely disappointed in the Universal/Sci-Fi Network reboot decision of Battlestar rather than a continuation, I decided to give the new series a try.... I watched 2 1/2 episodes (one of them the first appearance of Richard Hatch as Tom Zarek), and I just could not do it. At least for me, the content was not of my liking (too much darkness, profanity, etc.). Just was not my cup of tea.

So for me, Battlestar has and always will be the show that was on ABC from 1978-79 that I watched faithfully each Sunday night (unless pre-empted), purchased action figures, comic (first Marvel, then Maximum Press, etc.), novels, posters, attended shows that featured original series stars, etc. That's my Battlestar. Always will be.