SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by antelope526
I am not referring to television and movie critics who write for various publications. I am referring to the actual posters who join the various Battlestar Galactica boards. If you have to paint the TNS posters with a broad brush as a result of print media television critics I don't really know what to say.

On top of that the vast majority of positive TNS reviews that mention TOS in a negative light I have read posted on any Battlestar Galactica site including the ones primarily run by TOS only owners and with primarily TOS only members tend to have been posted by the very people who claim to be offended by them. They are usually posted by a TOS only fan who then rips the review apart.

Again I have yet to see one example of a TNS fan writing a desparging episode review of any single TOS episode posted on any Battlestar Galactica site episode review section. On the sites that post TNS episode reviews including here we have plenty of examples of episode reviews written by people who make no bones about their negative view of the show.

I am willing to bet on any given day you can find a post by a TOS only fan desparing TNS posted during the previous 24 hours on one of the four major Galactica boards (not counting sciffy) . I doubt you can honestly say that in reverse.
Do you know why, antelope? It's because we've seen all the negative osBSG reviews for the past 25 years - they've all been discussed ad nauseum. The reason nuBSG is taking prominence in the discussion is because it's new, not because of any other reason.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote