View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2003, 08:53 PM   #2
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default Atlantis - The Lost Continent

Muffit -

I love that film! I have it on VHS - I saw it on TV once when I was about 10 or so. I was always intrigued by the "mythical" continent of Atlantis.

I had recently seen a documentary on Atlantis - There was this scientist that went over the writings of Plato for geograhpc references. Using those, he was able to find similar locations in South America. His theory was that South America was the "lost continent" of Atlantis. Watching the thing really made me wonder if he was on to something. It's not as mysterious as Atlantis sinking, but it is interesting....

On a related topic - The line from the opening monologue from BSG that refers to the "lost cilvilzations of Lemuria and Atlantis". I had always wondered about the "Lemuria" reference as I had never heard of it before or since. A few weeks ago, I did an online search on Lemuria and it was supposed to be a continent in the Pacific instead of the Atlantic and timeline-wise was supposed to pre-date Atlantis.

I have an interesting question, If Atlantis was indeed the continent of South America - what if Atlantis and Lemuria were actually one and the same? I mean, one side of the continent is in the Pacific and the other in the Atlantic. You just never know.....

Bryan
________
Upskirt Japanese
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote