View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2011, 04:03 AM   #105
Titon
Retired or am I?

Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003
COMMAND INSIGNIACoFounder
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: A Battlestar Called Galactica...

Quote:
Those guns are positioned exactly where I have for a long time thought they should be. Also the proportionate scale is as how I have always pictured it.
I think you are spot on with your idea of preserving certain elements and then fixing others that just dont work or make any sense. I'll bet you have already put more hours of thought into the design of the Battlestar than the original model team did.
I would say i have got about 10 plus years of reasearch and modeling into this thing. And yes i have always thought about pulsar locations. This makes logical sense. But again there should also be gun emplacements in front of the landing bays instead of german tank pieces. I plan on keeping a lot of the kit bash pieces where they somewhat make sense but i am in the "artistic license" mode. It's time Galactica get's a fresh take. My thoughts are that if the show had continued would we have seen more evidence of this?

A lot of the recent influence comes from a Galactica modelor named Mark Elkins. He built a studio scale model years ago before info was easy to come by. He built it and added his own flare to the ship. Take for instance this shot. He built a hanger entrance in front of the landing bay on the bottom. What a cool idea! I hope to also added this detail.

I guess people if you can think of anything else that you would have wanted to see let me know. I'll think of adding it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Elkins.jpg (344.4 KB, 40 views)