View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2003, 10:23 AM   #1
ojai22
Dancing Viper Queen

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Default New Breast Cancer Stamp

ALRIGHT WOMEN/MEN, Lets do this !!!!!

It would be wonderful if 2003 were the year a cure for breast cancer was found! The notion that we could raise $35 million by buying a book of stamps is powerful!

As you may be aware, the U.S. Postal Service recently released its new "Fund the Cure" stamp to help fund breast cancer research. The stamp was designed by Ethel Kessler of Bethesda, Maryland. It is important that we take a stand against this disease that affects so many of our mothers, sisters and friends.

Instead of the normal 37 cents for a stamp, this one costs 40 cents. The additional 3 cents will go to breast cancer research. A "normal" book costs $7.40. This one is only $8. It takes a few minutes in line at the Post Office and means so much. If all stamps are sold, it will raise an additional $35,000,000 for this vital research.

Just as important as the money is our support. What a statement it would make if the stamp outsold the lottery this week. What a statement it would make that we care. I would urge you to do two things TODAY:

1. Go out and purchase some of these stamps.

2. E-mail your friends to do the same. We all know women and their families whose lives are turned upside-down by breast cancer. It takes so little to do so much in this drive. I think we can all afford the additional 60 cents that a book of this stamp costs.