View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2004, 02:05 PM   #1
Hank the Tank
Shuttle Pilot

Default CASTING CALL for BSG TOS Movie: The Ladies.

Well folks, with the possiblity of a BSG-TOS Continuation Movie growing stronger & stronger, I thought it might be time to think about which actors & actresses we would like to see in the new movie. Obviously we want all surviving originals back so I only briefly mentioned them here, the ladies anyway.

This first post contains some of my actress selections for female roles in BSG movie (figures I’d start with the ladies first). I only mentioned real actress names, someone help me to give them appropriate BSG role names:

Original TOS Leading Ladies:
Maren Jensen: Haven’t seen much of her since the 1970s. Hopefully she would be open to a return.

Laurette Spang: Saw the recent picture of Laurette with her family. Casting her as Starbuck’s wife and a Colonial leader would be great.

Jane Seymour: There are rumblings that somehow Apollo’s wife Serena could be re-written (read, resurrected) back into the script. This could get interesting.

Anne Lockhart: Obviously, enough said here.

Sarah Rush: Another obviously.

EVIL CYLON “QUEENS”First a little background. Lets cut back to where Baltar was given his own Base Star to resume pursuit of the Colonials with the new Cylon intent of bringing them back alive to further the aims of the Cylon Empire. They gave him everything he needed, don’t you think that the pick of the remaining young women in the Colonies would be part of the deal. Well, we’ll add in a segment to where the Cylons round up the most desirable women left behind in the Colonies and they be brought to Baltar (all primped & beautiful of course). Obviously most would reject Baltar but they’ll be a few that consented to become Baltar’s consorts. As for the other beauties, their DNA would be appropriated by the Cylons to create those lovely female Cylons (idea shamelessly lifted the current mini-series).

Raquel Welch & Cheryl Tiegs: Both in their 60s nowadays but both can still wear low-cut blouses and even modest two-piece bikinis. Raquel has the bonus of having done some 1960s era Sci-Fi films. (Did anybody else see Raquel last week on Fox News. She's still got it).

Kim Cattrall: This 50ish beauty of Sex & The City fame would also make a killer female Cylon. Moreover, she has some Sci-Fi on her resume also, as the murderous Vulcan Starfleet officer in Star Trek VI, the Undiscovered Country.

LEADING NEW FEMALE COLONIAL WARRIORS

Cynthia Nixon (from Sex & The City): Her role as a tough female lawyer would translate nicely into a senior role in the BSG movie.

Debra Messing (from Will & Grace): Hot redhead, you got it lady.

YOUNG FEMALE COLONIAL WARRIORS, the New Generation:

Katee Sackoff (shamlessly stolen from BSG, the mini): A perfect cast for the role of Starbuck’s daughter obviously. This Warrior, in her early 20s finds herself senior to most of the Colonials and would help lead the new generation, all while being the same kick-ass fighting chick we all love now.

Kaley Cuoco (from 8 Simple Rules): This gorgeous blonde could be cast into a role of young female Colonial Warrior by day, Socialator by night. Emotionally she struggles to reconcile her two “lives” along with of course interest in one of the lead young male Colonials.

Amy Davidson (again from 8 Simple Rules): Hot redhead, cast initially as the Colonial Cadet Corps Commander at age 14 or so and soon to graduate to become a full Colonial Warrior. Yes 14 is a young age but by this time the Colonials need all the Warrior help they can get, no matter how young.

Amanda Bynes: young beautiful Colonial Warrior and rival to Kaley Cuoco’s character. Perhaps recreating the original rivalry of Maren Jensen & Laurette Spang (before they became friends late in TOS), only these two really get into it. Some “chick fights” between Amanda’s character and Kaley’s would definitely capture the young (and admittedly middle-aged) male audience.

Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen: OK this sound ridiculous on the surface but hear this one out. Initally one twin could be cast as a young female Warrior who down the line is captured by the Cylons and cloned into a evil Cylon twin. The evil twin is returned (disguised as her Colonial warrior “sister”) as a spy, while the real Warrior manages to escape and confront her Cylon clone.
Think of the possibilities.

Well that's all I can think of now but I'm sure some other female casting ideas. All welcome to post their ideas.
I'll start a thread later on male castings.

Hopefully Glen Larson and Tom DeSantos will read these ideas and maybe use a few.

Hank the Tank
The Rock Ape of the Cape

BROWNS 2004
Return to the
GLORY of 1964
Hank the Tank is offline   Reply With Quote