View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2009, 11:50 PM   #20
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

Default Re: What do you think the new uniforms will look like?

I'd imagine Bryan Singer asking Guy Dyas (or another production designer/conceptual artist), "It's 2009. How can we improve upon the former designs?"

Translated: New production budget, new $$ to spend. Show me what else is possible.

Keep in mind that Tom had designs from his school days. I love the fact that childhood fan concepts (which can be the most fertile sometimes) might have made it into the design work. I would have loved to have seen some of his ships in the former production.

What can I say? I'm feeling nostalgic for what might have been. Now I have to swallow the bitter pill and deal with another reimagining, although hopefully closer to BSG TOS than GINO.

One thing that keeps bugging me: The lack of connectivity between the helmets and the uniform. I really wish there was some sort of spacesuit. Some form of microweave (non-bulky) mesh or something lightweight which the Colonial Warrior could wear during flight -- then easily removal once aboard ship or planetside (to reveal the Warrior uniform). I mean, c'mon! This is advanced tech/mech! Surely something was possible. (Then again, we all know scriptwriters and producers didn't have time or budget to factor more costume changes in each adventure...)

Michael