View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #40
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: RussellSanders.com

I take it, one of the projects will have something to do with removal of that "hideous wing?" That car looks great for 1984, sans the unfortunate aftermarket add-on (have to agree with you about it!)

I like cars as they were supposed to be, not the hot-rod versions (though to each his or her own). I can still tell '55-'57 Chevys apart thanks to my car-obsessed dad. My favorites: Auburn boatails, Duesenbergs, '55-57 corvettes, and mid-50's Metropolitans (the car that Lois Lane drove in the '50s Superman TV show).

It might be a good time to buy a 1930's Ford, Russell. I've heard some prices that were relatively low for even Model A's on some of the shows on history channel. At one time my dad wanted a Model A, but at that time they were worth more than he'd paid for our house 10 years before. He found a '53 Ford Crestline Victoria, 2dr. hardtop and worked on redoing it instead. His first car had been that model.

Good luck finding a model you like.

When dad was working on his there was a magazine called Hemmings Motor News that carried ads for all sorts of New Old Stock parts. that's probably on the internet if it still exists, I'm sure there's a better spoiler for the Mustang out there some where if you want one, Bryan! They used to have stuff for even '30s cars in the early '80s.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote