View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2009, 07:27 AM   #1
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Default Back in the Playground

I've ignored a few e-mails about my status so here's the rundown.

I'm back from Iraq for good. For those who want to know what its like, ... it sucks. With a lot of US intervention and help, it will suck less.

Now you know everything you need to know about Iraq.

I've accepted a fairly good job in Tampa that I'll be starting at the end of the month. Concurrent with that, I've established some important goals for my life:

1. I'm getting a xylophone, because nobody who plays the xylophone is ever unhappy.

2. I'm getting a telescope because life here began out there.

3. I officially formed Lost Pirate Productions, LLC which is already engaged in putting out "Myths of History", an audio documentary series because nobody on the planet has done an audio documentary series, ... at least not like this one. Dawg and Joie like it so I know its a good effort.

4. I'm calling my daughter and grandchildren at least once a week to remind each of them that I love them.

5. I'm gonna light a candle on my back porch every Sunday to honor all of those serving the country away from home. (I did this before I went to Iraq but now I know a lot more of those I'm honoring personally).

6. I'm taking music lessons. I've got a damn fine electronic keyboard and it would be nice to play the xylophone a little better than my five year old granddaughter.

7. I'm getting married. (Like those who know me didn't know that was coming).

8. I'm getting a new annual Disney pass. (If you live in Florida or California its one of the best investments you could ever make).

9. I'm dedicating 2009 to the year that I watch every western and Samarai movie ever made ... or give it one Hell of an attempt. (Red Sun is anxiously awaiting the DVD player).

10. I'm declaring all personal strife I've had with anyone from 1 Jan 2009 to the beginning of time to be null and void. If anyone has issues with me, they're entirely one-sided.

11. I'm going to respect women wearing French Maid's outfits for their minds.

12. I'm buying a new bicycle. (I used to ride all over Virginia and Hawaii and intend to start doing that again in the summer).

13. I'm gonna recertify in Scuba and dive among the sponge farms beause there's nothing that makes you enjoy life more than moving around on the bottom of the food chain.

14. I'm gonna find a way to sponser some more children through OPERATION SMILE. (Check it out. Its one of the best charities in the whole world and its been well checked out to ensure that all donations go to the project and not to buy guns in Zimbabwei or something insane like that). Again, its OPERATION SMILE, ... and since psychology says you have to hear something three times before you pay attention, its OPERATION SMILE (http://www.operationsmile.org/). I find that sponsering a child every father's day is a great way to make sure that you don't forget.

15. I'm gonna find some way to convince Don to finish his battlestar model by Dec 2009.

16. I'm gonna locate all the stuff I haven't used in the house for five years and toss it out.

17. I'm gonna track down the professor and get him his Space 1999 stuff.

18. I'm gonna invite everyone I know over to give out candy to the kids on Halloween.

19. I'm gonna finish GINO - The Audio Production (ep 3 and ep 4).

20. I'm gonna watch The Ten Commandments on Easter. (Because its the greatest film ever made).

Your resolutions may vary.

All my best to all,

Russell