View Single Post
Old December 15th, 2003, 07:42 AM   #21
malachi42
Bad Email Address

First, I would like to thank everyone for answering my questions and doing so with such openess. I have watched this drama unfold and have been puzzled by much of it. Not everyones dissapointment in the major changes to a beloved show, but the conspiracy theories and the attributing of some very nefarious motives on the part of the writers and producers. It's great to actualy be able to discuss this with you guys hwo are the heart of it.

"Ron said him self that he was aiming his Galactica at the casual fan like him that might remember it a bit."

I see that this is distressing if you want the show to remain true to TOS, but I don't see it as an example of contempt. The goal of any network, writer or producer is to bring in millions of viewers, which they did. The casual fan or even those who have never seen the show will represent much greater numbers than those who watched the original. So wasn't he doing his job? How is that contemptuous or arrogant?
I truly understand the view that it is not true to TOS, that RDM may not be a fan of TOS, the studio decided to "re imagine" the series ignoring TOS, and the history behind it, DeSanto, Hatch et al. It is not so much ignorance on my part of the history, as much as bewilderment as to why this is seen as personal decisions designed to insult fans of BG instead of a business decision based as always on numbers not on people, as in my Wal Mart example.
I don't want to wear out my welcome on this topic. You have all been very gracious. Please let me know when my questions cross the annoyance line. I know that feelings are tender.
malachi42 is offline   Reply With Quote