View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2003, 06:43 PM   #5
malachi42
Bad Email Address

Thanks Malachi

I think the insulting part is when the writer shows no awareness of what made the original characters so good, but keeps telling you how his version is so much better. Its like he's telling you hey, I'm the one in hollywood, and I KNOW better than you. That's the insult part. We get it from Scifi all the time. And then they give us just what we've always wanted, another season of Scare Tactics.

I'm really not trying to be obtuse, Conundrum. I know this is very emotional and important to everyone, but I have read these sentiments a lot, and yet when I read the interviews with the writers and prodcers, I can't make the connection. For example I have never read anything by RDM where he has said anything like he knows better than anyone else because he's the one in Hollywood, or that he doesn't have any awareness of the characters. But he is consistent in sticking to his revision. But isn't that what he was hired to do? Specifically to reimagine BG? Isn't that what he has done? Had the studio asked him to stay true to TOS or to make sure he took the long times fans wishes into account, and then he decided to do his version anyway, then I guess I'd understand better.
I hope you don't mind my asking. I do it with respect for everyones feelings, have no intention of slamming anyones and am only trying to get a clear understanding/
malachi42 is offline   Reply With Quote