Thread: BSG Mini
View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2004, 11:08 AM   #30
SAR Pilot
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally posted by Dawg

I see the TOS universe as being far richer, far more complex, far more interesting than the universe I see in the mini. But we are in agreement, Eskimo: it would be too confusing to have both universes portrayed with the same label at the same time.

Dawg,

Like you I am not trying to pick, or continue, any fights with TOS or Mini fans. I am one of the few, apparently, who can look upon each as a separate and distinct entity that unfortunately shared a common name, but is a good in its own rights.
In my opinion, I would say it is unfair to compare the richness and complexity of the universes unless you were comparing the BSG: TOS pilot movie to the BSG: RDM movie, and excluding the rest of the TOS series. I say that only because the mini has not been presented the opportunity to develop the plot-line, its characters, etc across the same span of time.
Now I know the counter will be that the RDM should have drawn upon the whole series for its storyline, but as so many have pointed out from both sides of the issue, they are separate entities sharing a common theme.
Time will tell if what you said proves true, but I say we wait to see what Sci Fi does with it before we pass judgement.

I still hold my reservations and fears about a continuation attempt concurrent with the BSG:RDM universe, thinking that they cannot co-exist simultaneously, though I too would like to see a continuation of the original (just not DeSanto's vision. . . sorry). I would contend that rather than a continuation, perhaps a separate story about the Pegasus would perform much better and not be so confusing for new and old fans of BSG.