Thread: BSG Mini
View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2004, 06:49 AM   #10
Jayworld
Warrior

Westy, I totally agree with your points.

It seems as if the majority (I didn't say ALL) of the Pro-mini series fans miss the fact that as a continuation, we wanted Dirk as Starbuck and Richard as Apollo, etc., thus reprising their characters, but playing their characters 25 years later; older, seasoned, and that a continuation would be driven more by the younger actors who played the children and generation born in space in the past 25 years.

Most pro-mini series supported think that as continuation supporters, we want Dirk, Richard, Laurette, etc. to reprise their roles and have their characters act today like they did 25 years ago, which is not the case. Therefore, one of the main arguments by Pro-mini series supporters that "the original cast is too old to play their characters" just does not hold water when you realize the intent of TOS fanbase, as well as the Brian Singer/Tom DeSanto production....

To those that support the mini series vision: do your research; read, read, read on this forum, on battlestargalacticaclub forums, on www.battlestargalactica.com, www.battlestarpegasus.com, etc., to find out EXACTLY what we as proponents of a continuation of the original series really support and want. And then, if you still think the mini-series is best, then that certainly is your opinion.

And I don't think those of you that support the mini series will be disappointed, as even if the mini-series to series isn't green lit, you'll probably get your next mini-series that ties everything together in late 2004 or probably 2005. In the mean time, hopefully we supporters of TOS will have our movie in 2005.

Jayworld