ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Stargate Thanks, dvo47p

Thanks for posting the link to the September 2002 posting by Ron Moore. I hadn't seen that yet (I'm new here).

And thank you, too, for helping me crystalize my thoughts on the whole subject. It's the undertone of "my way or the highway" that was in your post, the between-the-lines vilification of Moore that did the trick.

I'm going to try to state those crystalized thoughts in a couple of brief paragraphs, so bear with me.

Except for the few of us on these boards, the viewing public probably doesn't remember much of BSG - and don't give a hoot whether or not it's ever brought back. The franchise is dead and buried as far as the outside world is concerned. Even though there are a good number of us who are still fans, that number is insignificant compared to the wider audience; the studio and the network are not going to give hundreds of thousands (or millions, eventually) of dollars to a project just because it has our stamp of approval, they are going to give that money to the project that will make them the most money.

Bottom line, $$$$. Period, end of discussion.

My friend, I'll tell you point-blank that my own feelings (as I've posted elsewhere) are basically of disappointment that the most likely BSG miniseries isn't going to be a continuation, it rather will be a remake with changes (not uncommon with remakes, if you think about it).

Richard Hatch and others (including yourself) have been passionate about a continuation, but neither the studio nor the network have liked the ideas that have been pitched so far, apparently. That's too bad. There has been high-level acceptance, though, of the Moore remake. That's good, if only because it may reintroduce the franchise to the wider audience.

What we can do, though, is continue to post our ideas and suggestions -and maybe, just maybe, have some influence on the final product (depending on who's reading). I hope to see Richard and Dirk and Herbert, maybe Ed Begley and Sarah Rush, and as many of the original cast as still survive in the new telling of BSG (where are you, Maren?).

I think we all need to keep an open mind, frankly. Moore is a Hugo Award winner - that means he's no hack writer. If he produces crap this time, though, then we can tear him a new one.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote