View Single Post
Old June 21st, 2004, 05:12 PM   #6
Rowan
On Vacation...

you are all very welcome!

Some of my favourite daddy moments:

one day when I was 13 my dad came home from work he walked towards me with a folded newspaper in his hand and a glint in his eye I knew something was up but I wasn't sure what. As he came up to me he opened the paper and there was a long black case which he held out to me and told me to open. Inside the case was a Flute! I was speechless never in my life had my parents ever given me anything so extravagant nor a "just because" gift I was stunned!

I used to love to go fishing with my dad, and one Christmas I got this beautiful fishing rod, we spent many hours together fishing in the same river that he and his father and his grandfather before him had fished in.

I remember one day (I was about 8) I had climbed up into my cousins tree house and while backing up I fell through the hole in the floor where the entrance was as I fell through the hole by some miracle my toes had caught on the edge of the hole as I fell through my head pointing down towards the rocks 40 feet below. I started to scream for help, my mother said she heard me but thought I was up to my usual antics and ignored me, but not my dad he came out to see what was going on and saw me hanging there. He told me later his heart nearly stopped he thought for sure I was going to die, but he stayed so calm, he climbed up the pieces of wood that were nailed to the tree till he reached me but he could not grab me because he had to hang on to the ladder himself, he let go with one hand and grabbed me by the waist band of my clothes and pushed me over towards the tree till I could reach the rungs and somehow help me to get down...my hero!
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote