View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2006, 05:38 PM   #6
KJ
Strike Leader

Mr Kerin sir, you da man!

Or be that The Don!

But playing as a flash player file it seemed to have lost some quality. Will it be higher def on the DVD's for downloading and file burning etc?

Couple of questions and querries along with my fellow posters on here.

First. What was the first Battlestar destroyed in that clip? You didn't name her. Also i held up a large mirror of mine to some of the scene lifted from 'Hand Of God' that you've put in there to my monitor screen. To make the shots more different could you flip some of the Battlestar/Basestars in one complete shot over? So as to make them look more different etc. These might clash later with Hand Of God and Living Legend if they're overused again and again flip'em so they look odd but kinda wow factor feel almost as if to say it looks familiar but its new in a way too.

Darken some of the bridge shots as the insignia of the uniforms might stand out too much. Utterly love your use of the flipped shots here very much, but you could use some colour corrections and manipulate the lighting and a changing of hue colours of certain areas of the frame to your own particular tastes to change it all up a bit more though. Otherwise its just fine as is.

Second off, love everything else the crash landing of Starbuck's Viper with an additional extra scene of the Viper tumbling was practically jawdropping! Although, i understand you're squeazing all kinds of things in this new fan edit, please don't chop up the original filmed scenes in a haphazard way. Is there a way you can add most of your additions before and after scenes in the original pilot episode so your stuff can add beautiful additions without cutting up the original flow of the pilot.

Just a thought mind you, take it as you want David.

I still wanted to see the Battlestars pull off some tactical manuvers before buying it though. Makes us all wonder what you've planned for the Triton, Acropolis and Pacifica at the Battle Of Cimtar. And is the Solaria still going up last i wonder?

The CGI used looks so Babylon 5-ish but in a great way, so it does indeed convey how you gone to the trouble of using effects without making it all too flashy. Dykstra's original still dominates, but all you've done is expand upon his work, excellent!

Also Jjrakman as usual has some nice ideas. But remember not all Pyramids were Egyptian in style and design, don't forget the Mayan Pyramids or Aztec style temples that could be thrown in there! Or several other ancient European touches from our history. It would be more exotic to see some East Asian cultural references in some minor few second shots and all, of the 12 colonies and shows others like for example; African and say perhaps Medieval 'anglo saxon' stlyed structures of the other colonies worlds but all with a major futuristic twist! I also loved how you've shown that on different planet's, the sky was either day or dusk and not did not have a night time sky setting everywhere when the Cylons struck with such terror. Can you make'em even more alien though? Surely not all of the 12 planets of mankind were blatantly Earth like, you could perhaps make the skies red or purple in other planet, make others even transparent somewhat with a murky colouring to show how odd and different each of their planets were from one another.

Like that lunar shot of the Vipers avoiding laser fire

All i can say is, Sept17th, hire this man for your 14th Colony movie pronto now!

Hell i might hire you when that Richard Donner cut of Superman 2 is out. General Zod needs to takeover the world, and if its not finally put back into Donner's cut and we're still stuck with the Lester 'small town' takeover (bah). Well then i want David Kerin to make us all knee before Zod in an extended edition of S2!

Seriously though, respect goes out to you Kerin. You're a busy man but i hope real soon you'll spill the beans on your thoughts for the other Galactica episodes that you haven't done yet. But are planning to however.

KJ