View Single Post
Old October 27th, 2003, 08:18 AM   #3
Titon
Retired or am I?

Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003
COMMAND INSIGNIACoFounder
Colonial Fleets

In the afternoon i attended the full actor's panel. Tom reflected on alot of those elements but it was really funny about Anne's son calling during the panel. The reason it was *so* funny is the announcer of the panel asked everyone to respect the people on the panel by turning off all cell phones and pagers as to not interrupt anyones talk. Well there ya go, everyone did *except* Anne and she was thoroughly embarroused about it. It was fun.

The panel went for a bit, then i had to leave to assist in helping Tom DeSanto setup for his panel. This panel was the event of the Con for me. To those that were at the con and missed the DeSanto panel truely missed the very thing we Galactica fans' have been clammoring for all these years. Tom explained the direction that he was taking with Galactica during his attempt to revive it. It was a continuation folks, and a damn good one. Again, not everyone would be happy with what he did but like he said, sometime hollywood ties your hands. BUT Tom did not let that hold him back. He truely would have made us all proud, AND i believe he still will. Stay tuned.

Tom told us of the direction and it would have worked wonderfully. He also showed the production artwork that was second to none. They built the set's, designed a new viper, designed a living breathing community and here's the kicker, he wrote 3 different series bibles folks. Something that Ron has yet to comprehend. Tom had written a extended movie version, a 3 year, 5 year and was working on a 7 year series bible before production was shut down. Thank September 11th for basically make a dream die. They were 8 weeks from filming folks, and it would have been grand. Again, Tom has explained a bit of what DeSanto had in mind and i won't go into it but to those fans that were there, they got to see what was going to be the true Galactica.

Friday, some of us that worked on the trailer for Tom DeSanto with Foundation imaging got the ok from Tom to show the Galactica trailer that was made for him for the FX. It was an absolute thrill to see that on the screen for the fans and those in attendance saw what could have been, and what might still be. I'm glad they enjoyed it, it was a thrill for us to be able to share that rare moment with the fans. In fact i was really thrilled by a fan's reaction behind me. While the trailer was airing i got this remark from behind me, basically stating (F**ck me!). That said it all. Hopefully with some wrangling we maybe able to post that very trailer for all to see here at Colonial Fleets. Stay tuned. Well i'm tired, hopefully i've layed some discussion ground work here. Feel free to ask question's and we'll do our best to answer.

More later folks!