View Single Post
Old March 11th, 2010, 10:34 AM   #17
maudib
Warrior

Default Re: My colonial shuttle model update

My overall plan is to create new "stock" cgi sequences to add to the classic John Dykstra shots that keeps getting reused over and over Then the fanfilm people here can simply go the shot library and pick out the ones they want to use to make up a new story! Your shuttle and other assets would greatly cut down the time I need to get all these meshes completed on my own and start rendering cgi shots. With the time I have available, just completing the battlestar at the current quality level will take over a year. I want to warn you and Taranis though, that my battlestar mesh will not be 100 percent original. I have been updating the look where necessary in awkward areas. People expect more from cgi films nowadays than back in the 1970's. I'm glad we are all working in the same direction I noticed my current landing bay pods are not yet accurate enough as compared to high res photos. The pods are the last area I will complete as I get better at modeling and can do a better job of it in the area most people want to see.

You and Taranis' work on the interior of the battlestar landing bay are fantastic! However, I do want to re-imagine the size of the battlestar landing bay from the original for my projects. This is in order to do a wide angle shot of the bay interior with hundreds of cgi colonial warrior's arrayed in formation and dozens of shuttles, fighters and other larger ships parked around a large expansive main flight deck ( I plan to bring back Caine in a future cgi shot). You might not agree with my views here. Also, I have created a larger fighter/bomber class ship codenamed "cobra" in keeping with the snake theme for BSG fighters that I have not shown yet. It was used in low poly form for game use in Homeworld 1. The launch tubes will have to be modified to accommodate the larger ship. I might model in movable guide rails and walls in the launch tubes to be visually interesting. But I'm getting ahead of myself here. I'll finish the battlestar mesh 1st and send it to you and Taranis for evaluation. Then we can discuss any mods that need to be done.
maudib is offline   Reply With Quote