Thread: ship of lights
View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2010, 09:33 PM   #38
Jubal
Warrior

Default Re: ship of lights

Beings of Light.... a sorority of "good guys" of both an advanced race, and those that they find worthy to join them.

Apparently their medical technology is advanced enough to undue some effects of dying and death, as we saw with Apollo.

I got the impression that their reality was dimensionally shifted away from regular reality. That they had to bring people over, and even then, images had to be given to represent their forms in ways visitors would understand.

I never got the impression that they "created" humanity, so God is kinda out of the question to me with the BoL, but the "Lords of Kobal" is a possibility as either ancestors that could have become the BoL, or inducted into the race of the BoL at some point.

The fact that Starbuck in the Galactica 1980 series was intended to become one of the BoL would lend credence that other worthy people could become part of the BoL. Apparently to be added, as mentioned before in this thread, a test is given. Apollo passed this test, but was brought back to regular life. Starbuck passes that test, and is implied that he is taken up with the BoL.

If the BoL are comprised of members that were formerly living humans, it is possible that their interest in the colonials and Terra to be that of interest to that similar to family or relatives.

Ibilis is apparently someone once inducted into the sorority of the BoL who has decided to pursue other objectives.

But as a race they are impressive, advanced, but not so different from other alien races that the Colonies must have faced. Luckily their intensions seem to be in the Colony's better interest.
Jubal is offline   Reply With Quote